- First Packaged Smoothie Bowl on the Market
- Patented Avocado Cup Design
- Capitalizing on Avocado Food, Healthy Grab & Go, and Vegan Trends
- 10K followers on Instagram
- Nominated for Nexty Award at the Natural Products Expo East and Won Ganeden Probiotic Jumpstart Competition
- Launching in NY Metro/East Coast Specialty and Conventional Retailers and Grocery Chains - Summer 2018
- Targeting the healthy snack market which was valued globally at $21.1 billion in 2016 with $32.8 billion projected for 2025 (Grand View Research)
*Some ingredients have been previously frozen
Instead of conventional packaging, Avoke uses BPA-free lightweight plastic cups, shaped like half an avocado, and included in the packaging is an eco-friendly spoon. We love helping to reduce packaging waste!
Each smoothie bowl is topped with toasted quinoa. Consumers will enjoy the texture of a rich velvety smoothie topped with a high-protein superfood crunch!
Avoke’s products are kosher, gluten free, and vegan as we use only the highest quality and freshest ingredients and production methods. Our smoothie bowls are cold blended and pasteurized using high pressure processing (HPP) and not heat.
THE SURGE IN POPULARITY AND UNIVERSAL LOVE OF AVOCADOS CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO ITS DELICIOUS FLAVOR, TEXTURE, AND VERSATILITY, AND SURELY ITS AMAZING NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS.
"Understanding trends and catching a wave in the marketplace is one of two important elements for creating exponential growth. When coupled with outstanding execution, one's performance can yield results a factor 20 higher than normal." (Soren Petersen)
TRENDS AVOKE IS CAPITALIZING ON:
- AVOCADO TREND - global avocado market registered sales revenue of about $12 billion in 2016 (Persistence Market Research)
- HEALTHY GRAB & GO SNACK TREND - healthy snack market valued globally at $21.1 billion in 2016 (Grandview Research)
- PROBIOTIC TREND - the global market for probiotic ingredients in 2017 was valued at $36.6 billion (Global Market Insights Inc.)
- VEGAN TREND - in the USA 6% of the population now identify as vegan, showing a increase of 500% since 2014 (Global Data). Recently, restaurant consultancy group Baum+Whiteman named “plant-based” as the biggest food trend in 2018. (VegNews)
Avoke’s goal is to become the leading natural avocado brand nationally across the natural, specialty, grocery, C-Store, and foodservice channels.
As we continue to grow, we will maintain our uncompromising dedication to product quality and taste as well as to healthy ingredients. Our 2018 key initiatives include:
- Go Deep & Wide with Strategic Key Accounts for Launch: Our goal is to establish strong strategic relationships upon entering high volume accounts with excellent velocity in produce departments, where Avoke will be merchandized. We will focus our promotional dollars and energy on expanding in-store sales and increasing product turns. Additionally, we will penetrate the NY Tri-state area natural, specialty, and foodservice market for added local exposure.
- Consumer Outreach: Our go-to-market plan includes an activation of the following: participating in tradeshows, high-traffic consumer events, strong digital strategy tactics like social media, content marketing, PR, cross-promotions, etc. In addition, we will actively seek out brand ambassadors and key influencers who will actively help promote and spread the Avoke message among their large followings.
Avoke will drive revenue growth through a combination of increased sales within the initial key accounts and expansion into additional doors in the NY tri-state area and East Coast.
In 2018, Avoke is focused on the following key financial goal that supports improved visibility toward profitability:
- Improve gross margins: for 2018 we are projecting rapid growth within only a few key accounts. This anticipated growth will quickly get us to higher volumes that will significantly drive down ingredient, packaging, and labor costs.
Avoke has the ability to scale into many additional product lines. The launch of these four SKU’s is just the beginning. With just a handful of key accounts, we have the ability to create a meaningful triple bottom line impact – people, profit, planet.
Co-Founder and COO
Ever since she remembers, Leah has always dreamed of doing something big that would have a positive impact on people's lives. As a speech language pathologist treating children with a wide array of communication disorders, Leah is passionate about helping each one of her clients achieve their potential. Being a mom of young kids means spending a lot of time preparing nutritious meals for her family. When her son was failing to thrive due to severe food allergies, Leah began blending fresh avocado with different fruits and veggies to create wholesome and nutritious meals for her little one. Tasting one of her creations, Leah experienced an Aha! Moment and Avoke was born. Prior to earning her Master's degree in speech. Leah was an event coordinator, creating and organizing upscale parties and events for her Brooklyn based clients. Leah's creative talents, culinary skills, and thought leadership will continue to be integral to the growth of Avoke.
Co-Founder and CEO
As an experienced speech-language pathologist for over 14 years, Esther was passionate to improve the lives of her young clients in their efforts to make themselves be heard in a busy and evolving world. When her sister Leah approached her with a vision of creating healthy organic foods with an avocado base, Esther was inspired. Esther's career includes working with bilingual children and those from ethnic backgrounds with a broad range of communication and feeding disorders. She is also currently on the board of medical health center that promotes emotional and mental health in her community. Esther graduated with honors and received an MS in communication disorders from Long Island University, in 2004. Esther uses her keen insights, leadership skills, and strategic mindset to grow and develop Avoke into a leading brand.
VP of Marketing and PR
Early in his career, Bob was heavily involved in the music industry, managing people like Billy Preston, Rolling Woods' Ronnie Wood, Chaka Kahn, Meat Loaf, and Diana Ross, whom he married and had three children with. Diverse in many areas, Bob always maintained a healthy lifestyle and started to become more interested in knowing about the latest trends in the health field. At the start of the new millennium, he started exploring different avenues to become more involved in this industry. Bob worked for, The Honest Company, helping develop their brand through promotion and brand placement. He co-founded, Live the Source, a multi-vitamin company introducing Nano technology, heading the company's PR, events, and promotional division. Bob marketed and promoted, Purple, an acai beverage, bringing it onto shows like, Good Morning America, The View, Letterman, and Leno.
VP of Sales
Daniel Báez believes energy is lifes most vital endowment and preserving it, its most critical objective. Armed with a tremendous energy inherited from his mother, Daniel wants to bring Avoke to the health conscious consumer eager to not simply go with the flow, but create and redifine it. Daniel leverages his diverse background in politics and Education, as a History teacher and middle school Dean, to meet and connect with as many people as possible, who are not just dedicated to changing the world, but willing to start by changing themselves and their health, first. Since leaving education, Daniel has been involved with two of the world's most recognizable fitness brands, including Equinox, excelling at sales. Sincerely believing health is wealth, Daniel approaches his role as VP of Sales from the philosophical and altruistic standpoint that the more successful he is, the more good he has done for others, too.
Olivia Cano Graff
Born of Spanish parents with a passion for the Arts, Olivia was raised with a deep appreciation and love for modern and sophisticated design. She grew up mostly in Chicago, spending her summers in Madrid and spent the last 7 years in New York where she Co-founded Cocolulime Swimwear. Cocolulime allowed her to put her creative skills to use in a Director level role. After her success with Cocolulime, she was asked to join as the marketing director of an activewear company and after three months in the new role, grew online sales by 200%. A year later she went on to work with several startups in helping them develop their brand, website, social media marketing and packaging.
Kathryn Raaker, president of Tri State Connection, is an experienced PR and Marketing Executive as well as a producer, and TV radio host. She is currently the Executive Producer of five television shows and has brought over 25 TV Health and Wellness shows to Internet Health and Wellness Network, she is currently on The Dr's Channel a TV Digital Network and other cable systems such as aTime Warner, Comcast, Net NY, Talk 4 TV, and Internet TV.cross the country that is seen by millions of viewers. Her mission is to make America Healthy she does this with her Healthy Cooking Show The Chef You and I and on her Health and Wellness radio broadcasts.
Joel Klein, CPBC
President of IMBC, Founder and Producer of BizTank and BTank
As a business and marketing pioneer and guru, Joel Klein, CPBC, and his firm bring over twelve years of professional coaching and consulting experience that has already empowered thousands of entrepreneurs to maximize their business potential. More recently, Joel founded BizTank, a Shark Tank style platform that empowers start-ups and entrepreneurs with access to capital and brings a vetted deal flow to highly successful investors. Upon marking one year of success, BizTank released the B-Tank Magazine, its first publication featuring the latest pitches and negotiations.
in unleashing the power of avocado and bringing the first packaged smoothie bowl to market!
The smallest investment amount that Avoke is accepting.
$25,000 – $107,000
Avoke needs to raise
before the deadline. The maximum amount Avoke is willing
to raise is $107K.
Type of security
The Crowd Safe is an agreement for future equity in the startup,
meaning that it can convert to equity in the future.
The Crowd Safe is an agreement for future equity in the startup, meaning that it can convert to equity in the future.
If a trigger event for Avoke occurs, the discount provision
gives investors equity shares (or equal value in cash) at a reduced price.
The maximum valuation at which your investment converts
into equity shares or cash.
Includes a Right of Repurchase
- $100 Crowd Safe
- A personalized thank you note from the founders plus 15% discount for one year.
- $250 Crowd Safe
- All of the above plus an Avoke branded cooler bag.
- $500 Crowd Safe
- All of the above plus an 8 pack of smoothie bowls of your choice.
- $1,000 Crowd Safe
- All of the above plus be listed on our site as an investor.
- $5,000 Crowd Safe
- All of the above plus meet Avoke team members in NYC (Travel expenses not included)
- $10,000 Crowd Safe
- All of the above plus dinner with members of the Avoke team in NYC. (Travel expenses not included)
- $25,000 Crowd Safe
- All of the above plus be involved in the creation of a new flavor for Avoke and be included in the process to production.