What you'll do:
- Develop and oversee Republic’s event strategy and event calendar, ensuring alignment with organizational contributed revenue goals and timelines.
- Responsible for the successful oversight and execution of small and large scale, high profile events to engage our community
- Oversee and execute all aspects of event management tasks including oversight and management of event budgets
- Oversight over invitee list generation and attendance marketing
- Management of vendor relationships, including negotiating with venues, consultants, and service providers to secure rates that enhance budgets (for in-person events)
- Work with Director of Sponsorships to manage sponsorship solicitations
- Oversight over events logistics pertaining to invites, event briefings, catering, seating, printed materials etc.
- Coordination of internal Republic staff, volunteers and any outside consultants/specialists, as necessary
- Oversee post-event coordination including but not limited to debrief meetings, recognition to key constituents and financial reporting.
- Identify, cultivate and manage a portfolio of sponsors from current and previously held events in order to ensure a continuing relationship that maximizes the potential of ongoing partnerships
- Coordinate and collaborate with Content, Brand and Partnerships on implementation of ongoing events series
Our ideal candidate
- 5+ years of event management and community management experience
- Extremely organized and process-oriented
- Track record of executing large and small events and growing a community around event series
- Ability to communicate professionally and enthusiastically and engage with all levels of management
- Passion for Republic’s mission Passionate about financial access and inclusion
- High level of integrity with a positive attitude
- Self-directed and entrepreneurial work style