What you'll do:
- Lead, train, and grow an amazing sales team
- Evolve strategy for deal sourcing
- Work with sales operations to develop and improve our deal flow infrastructure and process
- Oversee the due diligence process –– application reviews, investment committee preparation, terms negotiations, and compliance check-ins
- Evolve strategy for due diligence going forward — how do we deliver quality at-scale across all Republic verticals?
Our ideal candidate:
- Sales chops – You have experience and a track record of success in sales and/or sales team management at a high-growth startup.
- VC literate – You know the ins-and-outs of VC by way of your work experience at a VC fund (or an ecosystem equivalent) or by way of your demonstrated interest in the space. You can truly “talk the talk.”
- Management prowess – You are capable of managing a high-performing and diverse team. You can communicate effectively, set goals, build processes, provide thoughtful feedback, and build a strong culture.
- Get it done attitude – You are scrappy, resourceful, and relentless. You do what needs to be done to drive success for your team and for the business.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Remote work for now, return to NYC office starting fall 2021
What you'll receive in return:
- A fun and exciting (post-pandemic) office environment in NYC (Manhattan)
- Highly flexible remote work policy
- The opportunity to grow and lead an investment team to unicorn status
- Benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, unlimited PTO, monthly health & wellness stipend, lunch & dinner reimbursement (when in the office)
- Robust compensation structure that includes a competitive base salary, success-based bonus structure, a grant of Republic Notes, and a potential equity grant.