What you'll do:
- Oversee the due diligence process end-to-end –– application reviews, follow-up emails and calls, financial review, investment committee preparation, and investment committee vote.
- Handle sensitive conversations with founders — deal structure, terms negotiations, compliance inquiries, etc.
- Evolve strategy for due diligence going forward — What is our investment strategy or thesis? How do we deliver quality at-scale across all Republic verticals (gaming, real estate, crypto etc.)? How do we scale the due diligence function with tech?
Our ideal candidate:
- VC literate – You know the ins-and-outs of VC by way of your work experience at a VC fund (or an ecosystem equivalent) or by way of your demonstrated interest in the space. You can truly “talk the talk.”
- Comfort with the uncomfortable — You can have difficult conversations in high-stakes moments with passionate founders, within your team, or cross-functionally with other teams.
- Management prowess – You are capable of managing a high-performing and diverse team. You can communicate effectively, set goals, build processes, provide thoughtful feedback, and build a strong culture.
- Get it done attitude – You are scrappy, resourceful, and relentless. You do what needs to be done to drive success for your team and for the business.
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Remote work for now, return to NYC office starting fall 2021
What you'll receive in return:
- A fun and exciting (post-pandemic) office environment in NYC (Manhattan)
- Highly flexible remote work policy
- The opportunity to grow and lead an investment team to unicorn status
- Benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, unlimited PTO, monthly health & wellness stipend, lunch & dinner reimbursement (when in the office)
- Robust compensation structure that includes a competitive base salary, success-based bonus structure, a grant of Republic Notes, and a potential equity grant.