"What if you could choose to live everywhere and nowhere? I found myself asking that question, and eventually, Kibbo beca...
A multi-trillion dollar market is being disrupted. With climate change, wildfires, hurricanes and COVID, and with market shifts around remote work, learning, entertainment and commerce, the traditional housing product is outdated and broken.
- Too expensive - Home prices have risen 40% faster than inflation since 1990 and the California housing market alone has grown by $3.1 trillion in the past decade
- Not flexible - 30-year mortgages and 12-month leases don’t fit with the new reality of smoke days, COVID closures, remote work, and destination get-aways
- Not attractive - Community has been engineered out of the typical apartment. Millennials and Boomers report increased feelings of isolation. Not designed for work-from-home jobs.
We are creating a housing product that delivers freedom and community plus all the comforts of home. With a van as your mobile bedroom and access to a network of clubhouses across the West Coast, you can change locations whenever you want, connect with interesting people, go on wild adventures and still have space to work and be productive.
We're thankful for the following trends:
- Remote work is the new normal — 62% of Americans are now working remotely without ties to their employer's location
- Vanlife is exploding — RV giant Winnebago's orders are up 219%. Outdoorsy bookings are up 4500%. RV Share raised $100mm lead by KKR.
- Co-living is set to grow— co-living units will need to increase 300% over the next 2 years to meet customer demand
For less than the cost of living in a studio apartment, Kibbo members get a top-of-the-line camper van, a network of home bases across the West stocked with essential groceries and provisions, fast wi-fi, a comfy place to work and hang out, and an inclusive, adventurous community to plug into.
Your van is a comfortable, modern studio on wheels...
...and our clubhouses provide the common space and community experiences we all crave.
Kibbo is more attractive, more flexible, and less expensive than a traditional apartment, with potential to scale incredibly well.
Kibbo is an asset-light van life marketplace and community. We connect members to one another and to a curated marketplace of camper vans, clubhouses, on-site resources, and programming.
By tackling the three biggest consumer expenses — housing, food, and transportation — we have massive revenue potential.
On-site spend by members will range from $1,500-$3,500. With economies of scale and a network effect, we have the potential for hundreds of millions in revenues.
On the cost-side, our curated marketplace of vans and sites from state-of-the-art partners will keep us asset-light and cost-efficient, with room for 50%+ margins. With the ability to scale on-site attendees from dozens to hundreds, we expect margins to easily grow with our customer base.
Demand has blown away expectations:
We exceeded our launch goal — our presale event sold out 5 times over our initial limit with 500 paying member deposits
On top of that, we have another 2,400+ prospective customers waiting to be notified when we re-open membership deposits
Real estate owners, financing partners, and van suppliers are reaching out to us, including:
Partnerships with fleet managers across the Western US
Several partner sites in development, with 50+ more sites in pipeline
2 large scale sites in discussion already zoned and able to support hundreds of members at each location
Raised $600k+ from Venture Capital and Top Angels
We know from our initial launch that Kibbo members are highly desirable
And they're passionate about Kibbo
Kibbo combines and delivers the best aspects of remote-working, co-living, mobile, and experience-rich lifestyles at an affordable price.
The current alternative is people spending dozens of hours on other platforms: finding a van, curating sites, figuring out how to work on the road, planning activities... all alone and with no predictability.
It's a logistical nightmare that intimidates far too many users, but it doesn't have to be that hard. We simplify the process drastically, save members hours on end, and provide an all-in way to live, work, socialize, and explore.
- Autonomous and electric vehicles will provide exciting future growth opportunities for Kibbo, and the planet
- Potential to transform the way we build cities with lightweight, sustainable, off-the-grid, and modular development
- Virtualizes real estate, making it shared and on-demand like the cloud has done for computing
- Scalable to developing areas, high-growth cities, and geographies directly affected by man-made or natural disasters and climate change
Kibbo is a team of seasoned technology, urban innovation, and real estate veterans who previously sold companies to Alphabet and Deutsche Bank, and are supported by their advisor, the CEO of Burning Man.
The Kibbo team is paving the way toward a new kind of dynamic city with a novel vision that will transform mobility, community, and the world.