Sunu launches pilot in India and opens door to largest customer segment
Unleashing Sunu's Impact to the World
There are circa 285 million people who are blind and visually impaired worldwide. Close of 90% of visually impaired people live in developing countries. India is home to the world's largest population, with 47.7 million people who are blind. India represents one of largest potential market segments for Sunu. And throughout the past month, our team has been working on creating partnerships within the country and we've launched our first pilot in India.
The purpose of this multiphase pilot program is to:
- Understand the market in India.
- Validate the kinds of business opportunity/business model that Sunu can pursue in the country.
- Establish our business case that allow us to address this market segment.
- Establish a pathway / go-to-market to successfully introduce the product in India.
We're already having traction, and have:
- A team in India who is co-managing the pilot.
- Sunu Bands in the country.
- Forming partnerships with organizations for the blind and ready for user testing.
The pilot in India, which is addressing a significant market segment will accelerate Sunu as a business and its global impact. The results from the pilot will allow Sunu to replicate this program in other countries - therefore allow us to capture a large segment of the global market.
Finally, we thank Guarav Mishra for his support as a value-add investor in Sunu.