Upshift adds RAV4 hybrid SUVs
We added three 2020 Toyota RAV4 hybrid SUVs!
We just added three 2020 Toyota RAV4 hybrid SUVs to our fleet and our members really love them. We'll put them on the website shortly. They have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto which will enable us to build our new member app to integrate directly with the 7" touchscreen display. They also have some more seemingly minor benefits we feel are quite big like automatic headlights (so lights are always set to the correct position for safety), 5 USB ports for road trips with friends, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto so members can use the in-car touchscreen and the phone apps they are familiar with for navigation, phone calls, and podcasts. We leveraged $100,000 of our $400,000 in new vehicle financing enabling us to scale our fleet.
We've had a huge demand for an SUV on the platform so we are super excited about these new RAV4 hybrids. Here are some of the highlights:
- 40 MPG (!)
- AWD (great for Tahoe)
- Loaded with the latest technology- they practically drive themselves:
- adaptive cruise control (maintains consistent distance with car in front)
- lane tracing (car keeps itself centered in the lane)
- lane keeping assistance (car alerts you if it is going out of the lane)
- pre-collision avoidance (car alerts you and slows down if it is about to hit something)
- rear traffic collision avoidance (car alerts you if there is cross traffic when backing up)
- automated headlights and high beams
- blind spot monitor detection
- Apple Carplay, Android Auto, & bluetooth
- SOS emergency roadside assistance call button
Upshift is deemed an "essential business" and is operating through COVID-19
San Francisco (and now the state of California) has had a shelter-in-place ordinance for the past week, but Upshift is considered an "essential business" and we continue to operate. All the kinds of travel our members typically do (like grocery shopping and going for walks in nature) are deemed "essential trips" so we continue to see our members use our service for these purposes. In fact, grocery stores have lines to get in and the parking lots of regional parks are overflowing so we see opportunity to grow even during the restrictions. Today we sold a new plan that isn't even on our website: $599/month for a Monday through Friday "commuter" package. People are still trying to get to work but they don't want to use transit and many don't own cars, so there is a growing demand for this type of service to fill out our midweek demand. We are also the only shared car service that is cleaning and sanitizing all high touch surfaces between every booking, making us the safest way to get from A to B.