Portfolio diversification in real estate investing is crucial, especially when it comes to geography. Locations—from regions to countries to cities, and all the way down to specific neighborhoods—have different variables at play that can impact their value and growth potential. Mexico is the most popular destination for U.S. travelers abroad, has the second largest economy in Latin America, and has been one of the top locations for international investors. Though Mexico presents an opportunity for real estate investment, there are certain nuances that only local sponsors can truly understand. In this session, we’ll speak with Victor Rosales, a real estate developer in Mexico, who will share his perspective on investing in this market.
He will cover:
1. The importance of investing with a knowledgeable, local team
2. Some of the main differences between U.S. and Mexican real estate investing
3. Key terms and metrics you need to know
4. What you should look for in a real estate deal
5. The benefits and risks of certain locations in Mexico
6. Fundamentals driving real estate growth in the country