EOY Investor Recap
Happy New Year!
Reflecting on the year that’s just passed and the new one (and new decade) to come, I am so proud of what I and my team have built. With thousands of meals delivered, we know that we are making a positive impact on the health, the quality, and the longevity of the lives of our clients. In 2020, we will see many of our dreams come to fruition, including the launch of Provenance Meals on the west coast and a successful fundraise to help fuel our expansion as we rapidly scale.
Over the last few months, we have accomplished the following key goals:
- Acquired a sister company in Los Angeles
- Completed the build of our custom proprietary software which allows us to manage the client experience from ordering to scheduling to delivery in different cities. When launched in Q1 2020, this software solution will bring technology in house, improve customer experience, collect customer data and health metrics, and allow us to scale into nationwide shipping.
- Announced a partnership with fitness guru Taryn Toomey to provide prepared meal delivery in conjunction with her popular program, The Cleanse, just in time for the busy New Year detox season.
- Joined a group of powerful women for SHAPE Magazine’s Women Run The World initiative which included Naomi Watts, Busy Phillips, and Danielle Brooks, plus many more women across the globe. We were featured in their August print issue and had an opportunity to join the Wellness Panel at their New York summit event to speak about the importance of Food as Medicine.
- We also successfully launched our Republic campaign!
I want to share a recent email we received from a client who tried us for the first time.
"I don't want to sound overly excited but this was the best thing I've done for myself in recent memory. The food is delicious, there is so much variety in tastes and textures, it was utterly luxurious. Not having to think about what to eat is incredibly stress reducing in itself. And the best part is that my energy level noticeably increased, while irritability and anxiety decreased. I've been struggling to figure out what to eat for at least a year, and truthfully much longer, as I kept gaining weight, binge-ing on carbs, feeling bloated and never feeling satisfied by food. But I know now that there is a way to eat that makes me feel good and healthy, makes my digestion better, makes my mood better. I could not be happier with the experience.”
This is why we do what we do. While healthy food has typically been considered bland or boring, we’re turning that notion on its head by providing some of the most creative and truly healthy food out there, making it as easy as ordering on a website and having it show up at your door, ready to go in your fridge. While restaurants, take-out joints, meal kits, and other prepared meal options may claim to be “healthy” or simply fast and cheap, the thing that brings our clients back over and over again is how they look and feel after eating our meals on a regular basis (76% of revenue in the last 12 months has come from return customers!) We are transforming people’s lives every day through something as simple and enjoyable as eating real food, made with integrity.
Thanks for being part of our journey. More good things to come in 2020 and beyond.
In good health,