In many areas of the world, there may be no more precious commodity than water - and that's especially true in Los Angele...
Damages caused by water intrusion in multi-tenant properties is costly, unhealthy and extremely stressful.
- Multi-tenant property owners constantly worry about ACCURATE TENANT BILLING AND PREVENTING WATER RELATED DAMAGES caused by leaks.
- Property owners are always confronted by unhappy tenants who feel they have been charged unfairly for water use.
- It is not uncommon for 95% of multi-tenant properties to have 3-5 catastrophic leaks every year.
- Cost can range from $20K FOR SMALL LEAKS ALL THE WAY TO OVER $150K FOR LARGER ONES because by the time the leak is detected and mitigation is put in place, the damage has been done.
There is no one-stop solution that is cost-effective and certified, that can track water consumption accurately and in real time, and predict anomalies using ML to prevent water issues before they become catastrophic.
- Saya provides water monitoring and leak detection with key market differentials.
- Saya is solving for the multi-tenant's most significant pain points—catastrophic damage caused by invisible slab leaks, loss of revenue, inefficient billing process and water quality.
Saya is disrupting the water sub-metering industry with an AI/ML platform that offers substantial benefits to property owners, tenants, insurance companies and utilities providers, all using the power of big data and analytics.
The accuracy, repeatability and dependability of our platform has resulted in certifications which allow multi-unit residences to bill individual water users where there is only one utility-owned water meter servicing the building.
In addition, the meter accuracy and cloud-based algorithms which monitor water flow can detect both small water leaks (e.g., slab leaks) and pipe ruptures and automatically shut off water, preventing water-related building damage.
Saya is an AI/ML enabled smart water management platform.
Our customers can manage and act in the event of pipe bursts, running toilets, slab leaks, over-consumption, and change in water quality. They can also use Saya for water-related utility rebates, to bill tenants for water use and to find data for insurance policy discounts.
Saya allows for collaboration of stakeholders across the water economy—all on a single platform.
Our sub-metering platform merges big data analytics, edge computing and AI expertise to create a revolutionary technology that can predict, detect and mitigate water issues.
Customer Driven Product Development
20 combined largest builders, utilities and insurance companies have provided direct feedback
100 additional companies interviewed for customer discovery
3 Core Problems: loss of revenue due to water damages, unreliable and expensive billing platforms that are unfriendly to tenants, no visibility on water quality and no easy way to improve water efficiencies in multi-tenant properties
- Typical multi-tenant buildings will only need one Gateway (data collector) for the entire building.
- The Gateway communicates on LoRa (915Mhz), CAT-M and integrated with all smart meters and sensors that work with HART, MODBUS, Z-Wave and other technologies using the Saya converter/transceiver.
Saya Life, backed by strong customer demand, will bring unparalleled trust and value to property managers and their tenants when it come to water.
With ten of the top builders, utilities and insurance providers in North America, we have successful deployments for several large multi-tenant properties.
- 40 + new builders and growing list in the pipeline.
- New opportunities through insurance and utility partners.
- Current deployment in 10 multi-family properties and 3 commercial properties.
- 3 Building Management System partners via cloud API integration.
- SaaS Revenue : $120k + and growing.
- Hardware Revenue : $550k + and growing.
Saya has been honored to receive several awards from a variety of innovation, technology and impact accelerators, projects, and competitions. We won the CEC grant for Water-Energy Nexus project for Walmart, Watts Grant Award for Technology Healing Garden Project at LAUSD, the LADWP Grant Award for Water AI Project, and the Top 10 Innovation Award for the 2019 Cohort of the Net Zero Accelerator.
We have been a successful portfolio company at the Los Angeles Clean Tech Incubator and Upward Labs.
We are currently part of The Evonexus Incubator sponsored by Qualcomm.
We have contracts with several multi-family properties across U.S., LADWP, Walmart, Hilton, HSB Engineering Insurance, the LA Unified School District Board of Education and UBS, amongst others.
Saya helps all stakeholders in the water damage chain
Primary : Multi-tenant residential and commercial builders, plumbing contractors, distributors, multi-family investors.
Future: hotels, schools, farms, insurers, utilities providers
- Saya’s innovative AI technology allows us to help everyone in the water damage chain.
- Our products can be used and operated in multi-dwelling and commercial properties in city wide deployments.
- Currently, customers and partners include some of the biggest names in residential and commercial building, hotel, utility & insurance spaces.
Saya Life has played an important role in the Los Angeles Clean tech initiative, which was sponsored by Arnold Schwarzenegger and Eric Garcetti.
Projecting revenue of $65M + by 2025
- A one-time-installment for sensors
- Subscription services for water risk management, billing application, remote reader application
- Each subscription is customized to the size and occupancy of the residential or commercial enterprise, and priced according to need.
With these revenue streams, we project revenue close to $65M by 2025.
Saya offers a necessary and effective solution for the costs of water damage. With our omni-directional marketing and product use, we have access to many distinct market demographics, including commercial building owners, residential single family & multi-dwelling owners, utilities providers, manufacturers, and insurance companies.
We are currently laser focused on the multi-tenant market and we have a $3B+ SOM and a $10B TAM.
Saya has a "all-in one" Solution for multi-tenant property owners
Saya's AI/ML platform for water risk management and sub-metering outclasses others in the multi-tenant field by offering an incomparable platform.
Saya is bringing a revolutionary patented technology into a market that is ready for disruption. We have an enterprise IoT solution that can be scaled for any building or municipal service.
Our all-in-one advanced integrated technology means that we're the safest choice on the market. Our partnership with leaders in the industry means we already have significant market traction.
Saya's solution deployed in multi-family properties has shown impressive return on investment within 12-18 months.
The latest technologies that offer the best service
Since its founding in 2016, Saya Life has focused on sub metering, protection of property, and providing real-time control of water systems to monitor flow and prevent damage caused by leaks. It's a complete IoT solution in the market designed for sub-metering, and is also a complete water management system for enterprise and home applications.
$300k in pre-seed capital raised
Saya has raised $300K pre-seed capital from Upward Labs, a prop-tech accelerator that works closely with major insurance companies.
Funds were used to develop Saya's ML/AI platform and fund core development and manufacturing activity.
Saya's core offering now includes:
- Saya sub-metering platform for several pipe sizes, certified by NCWM
- Mobile app that is certified as a remote reader and meters certified to install for any orientation in both hot water and cold water lines, so that builders can install the meters at the most convenient location.
Saya is currently raising $1M to support sales & marketing campaigns, R&D, and production costs. Our intent is to fully scale our business to account for new clients and geographical expansion.
President and CEO Sanjay Poojary uses his experience and expertise in IoT technology to solve unyielding issues around basic life needs. His prior experience and knowledge in the sector and his will to make a difference in the world has been a essential to the founding of Saya Life.
Sanjay’s Multi-Function Role Aiding in Company Development
Before establishing Saya Life, Sanjay worked in large corporations such as Cisco Systems, and Mindspeed, before landing at a startup called Greenwave System, as a Director for Platform Project Management.
As the CEO of his own startup, Sanjay has to fulfill numerous roles and manage all the aspect of the business. Under his leadership, Saya Life has rapidly expanded its service area and reached several different customer segments. Sanjay’s ability to evolve and develop his company led to recognition. Saya was named one of the top 10 smart water management providers in 2018 , and his smart meter was certified in the sub metering device category. Saya also joined the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator, which is rated amongst the top 3 clean-tech incubators in the world.
Saya's partnership with Upward Labs in Hartford, CT has opened doors to the top insurance providers in the U.S. Sanjay has spearheaded the efforts to deliver value to these insurance partners with high quality analytics data from the platform.
In upcoming years, Saya Life looks to expand the company significantly while keeping an eye on diversity, inclusion and community impact.
CEO’s Efforts in Bringing Smart Water Management
Sanjay Poojary started his career by working in the software industry. During this time, he accumulated lots of experience and eventually became a senior technology leader. He has 20+ years of experience in directing, managing and executing product and solutions release through product development. Additionally, he has deep knowledge of the IOT space, making him an expert in the industry.
Sanjay strongly believes in using cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems. Metering has been archaic for over 100 years and that is changing now. IoT, big data, and machine learning bring a new way to capture, manage and predict relevant events and risks. His goal is to build a solution for all the elements in nature, starting with Saya Life.