We're excited to announce $250k in funding from Connecticut Innovations!
This news marks a few exciting developments for Vacayo that will help further our mission:
1. More resources to grow in our core areas: Miami, San Diego, Silicon Valley and eliminate our owner backlog--finally:)
2. Additional funding to expedite adding machine learning into our rental quoting tool!
3. A strategic partnership with Upward Hartford, a fast growing co-working space, where we will pilot our first CT properties geared towards startup founders.
More on Vacayo's Expansion into Hartford
Vacayo teamed up with Spectra, a luxury rental building in the downtown Hartford, to lease units geared towards business travelers. Upward is changing the landscape of Hartford, and it was lacking affordable housing for members of the accelerators it runs every year. Vacayo is excited to become a part of this emerging tech ecosystem!
What Makes our Rental Quoting Tool a Gamechanger
The idea that an owner can enter their address online and instantly receive a leasing quote that surpasses the home's longterm market value is already a large feat. However, Vacayo wants to take it a step further by making the investment of adding machine-learning to our proprietary rental-quoting algorithm. This will get our offer to near 100% accuracy and move the needle forward in innovating our industry. Here are some of the reasons we find this significant:
1. Owner's don't have to rely on or pay brokers to determine their home's value.
2. They can lease their property to Vacayo in under 12 hours with the assurance that they are receiving higher income.
3. Owners can make informed investment decisions around selling versus renting.
In the process of building out our quoting tool, we are gathering important data about the use and value of short term rentals homes. Our plan is to leverage this data to take calculated risks when entering new markets, which ultimately allows us to make a greater impact on people's lives!
Thanks for following our journey. We are now in the final stretch of our campaign and would appreciate if you continue to share our Republic page with your network!